Sunday, September 7, 2014

Mission of a Marionette

When I was a little girl, my older sisters were given some beautiful marionette puppets.  I'm not sure what fairy tail they were supposed to be from, but I remember one was a donkey, one a beautiful princess, and one a witch.  It was also around the time that The Sound of Music was a big hit, and of course one of the best parts of the movie is when Maria and the children perform a fun musical puppet theater with marionettes.  All that is to help explain why I have a clearer picture of what God is doing right now in our lives.  I was walking from where I had parked several blocks to where the hearing for a zoning change in our neighborhood was to take place.  I was thinking:  What am I doing?!  I can't believe I'm bravely walking down the street by myself, finding a place where the hearing is, and walking into something I've never done before.  Not only that, but I am also taking on the Children's Director position at Community Bible Study, and I am not a leader at heart.  And to top it all off, we are planning to go across the WORLD to adopt a new daughter, who speaks a different language!  How is this happening?!  Then a quiet thought entered my head and my heart:  God is moving our hearts and hands and feet like a master puppeteer, making a beautiful musical out of our lives.  Each of these three major changes for us He has orchestrated, and He is in control of.  The donkey puppet didn't worry about where his feet were supposed to step, he just let the puppeteer make the moves.  We've seen God call us to make the move to Sugar Ridge, and use it to bless others in His name.  We knew God's call last spring for me to accept the Children's Director position at CBS, and have felt His confirmation in that.  And we've been following God's tugs and calls on our hearts for several years now to seek to share the blessing of our home and family with an orphan.  He's got all these things in His control.  That's where our peace comes from.  Peace that passes all understanding.
What's my mission?  Trust Him, go to hearings, meet neighbors, plan and assist at CBS week by week, accept help offered to me,  fill out paper work for adoption, drive to Annapolis for authentication of notarizations, find buildings, talk to strangers, fly to foreign countries!!!  One step at a time, listening, trusting, praying, breathing, being surprised . . .
One thankful couple
Thanks for reading, thanks for praying, thanks for caring and off we go - into the wild blue yonder!  We'll post here as much as we can, can't text or call, but can email.  We leave one week from today, and return on Oct. 1.
Vita enjoying our granddaughters Tess & Piper's birthday party the day before she headed back to Latvia in January. We pray that God will continue to keep her in peace and joy through this process.
Suitcases ready to pack - we pray they make it safely to and from.  ;-)


No comments:

Post a Comment